A nice butter cake provides a wonderful base for all sorts of lovely infusions from tea.
For cake with a heavenly scent and delicate flavour, our go to choice is tea, especially a lovely nutty one like Ruwasey Hazelnut Bliss.
While the below is a recipe we follow, we know there are many divine recipes out there so please don't forget to share them with us.
- 1/2 cup water, just boiled
- 1 tablespoon Ruwasey Hazelnut Bliss tea leaves
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line square baking pan (8” x 8”) with baking paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, pour just-boiled water over Ruwasey Hazelnut Bliss tea leaves and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add butter and, using fork, blend until mixture resembles coarse sand. Stir in sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, milk, and tea mixture. And to flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold with butter or cream.
P.S. Don't forget to decorate it to your hearts content